BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT – COLLABORATIVE OPPORTUNITY
We are developers of food processing and packaging facilities that specializes in Solids and Liquid Blending, Nutritional Fortification, and Flavor Enhancement; Packaging with Flexible Pouch Material that can be nitrogen flushed, and hermetically sealed creating a longer shelf life.
Potential Associates & Collaborative Opportunity
The Bush Company is a US-Based Business Development Company that desires to participate within the Agribusiness Sectors of Africa. Specifically, we propose to improve upon the nutritional health within various regions through the introduction of affordable innovative new products. That is, we propose to improve upon traditional African foods with advanced processing and packaging techniques. To accomplish these goals, we propose to establish a multipurpose food and beverage processing and packaging facility in AFRICA. Our mission is to help developing countries in the implementation of locally developed food fortification programs designed to help eliminate the devastating – and often deadly – effects of vitamin and mineral deficiencies (known as micronutrients). The development and design of this facility will be driven by market demand for various products and established on a component base. A Research and Development component complete with laboratory and training facilities is also proposed. That component will facilitate R & D efforts relative to product improvements and new product development. The Lab will service local growers thereby improving upon the production, quality, handling and safety of locally produced products.
The range of products considered are: Dehydrated high protein powders that can be reconstituted into food emulsions and drinkable items. Traditional African Foods such as fermented high protein cereals, that can be improved with built-in convenience and fortified vitamins and ready-to-eat breakfast cereals.
We are seeking collaborations, partnerships, teaming arrangements and funding for project development, i.e., “who, what, when, where, how long and how much” it takes to establish the facility. Upon concluding the funding arrangement, the proposed work program will be implemented. The finish product will be a turn key development setting forth the custom design, construction and facilities management and operations of the total project.
COLLABORATIVE OPPORTUNITIES FOR THE FOLLOWING PROFESSIONALS
- A) MBA’s with marketing, food production, product development and international sales expertise
B) Engineering & Facilities Layout Consultants (Food Processing experience)
C) Food Technologist (experience with WHEY, and other powdered substances)
D) Food Technologist (experience with spices, tomato powder)
E) Food Technologist (experienced with cereal production and fermented applications)
F) Agricultural Economist with experience in commercial production cycle evaluations
G) Agribusiness Development Specialist (grains, tomatoes, nuts, spices)
H) Internet and Electronic Media Specialist
I) Research Nutritionist
J) Food Processing Production Managers
K) Accountant / Financial Manager
- L) Food Microbiology Lab Scientist
Milestone accomplishments include: The Bush Company and Associates have invested over $375K hard cash and have contributed countless professional hours.
1)Market research on food stuff requirements for Africa resulted in the identification and selection of the proposed product line, milk powder substitute, tomato powder, and cereal.
2) Product research and development that resulted in the formulation of NEW-DIMS (milk powder alternative); identification and formula adjustments to a tomato powder, and improvements to African corn flour.
3) Initial product formulation, ingredient selection and production design took into consideration technology transfer issues.
4) Concluded economic evaluation for the production of NEW-DIMS in Africa
5) Developed a Management Team of Industry Professionals who have impeccable credentials, they have a tremendous amount of expertise relative to manufacturing, product development, marketing, and business management.
6) Developed a comprehensive business proposal for investment considerations. The comprehensive proposal took into consideration management skills, equipment selection, sizing and modifications, facilities layout and design and engineering, production modeling, product research and development, marketing/sales evaluations, purchasing and logistical considerations, warehousing/distribution data, quality control advice, pro forma projections, legal advice and international business considerations.
7) Developed comprehensive Growth Plan Projections. This proposal deals with the financial impact on the initial business plan and the growing of the business via franchise / chain development into other plants and or countries.
The research effort was inclusive of formula development, ingredients supply sourcing, equipment specifications and sourcing, scale up activity with actual production on the proposed equipment, packaging design, labeling and product packaging. Carton design and sample production and master case packaging. The essence of the forgoing statement is that the total production experience was carried out on the desired equipment configuration and documented. Thus, the business proposal is based on realistic production factors as appose to a theoretical scalable production model.
Download The Bush Company Executive Summery of the Project (PDF).